2nd Annual Conference in conjunction with Ontario Bariatric Network (OBN), Centre for Minimal Access Surgery (CMAS) and McMaster University
You don’t want to miss the second annual conference of the Canadian Association of Bariatric Physicians and Surgeons (CAPBS) featuring guest societies, the Ontario Bariatric Network (OBN), the Centre for Minimal Access Surgery (CMAS) and McMaster University. This two-day conference has been designed to offer riveting, thought-provoking topics with dynamic and engaging speakers which are sure to hold your attention and stimulate your mind. It is the conference where Canadian professionals with an interest in the treatment of obesity and its related diseases come together to share, learn and network.
You can’t afford to miss it!
Greetings from Government Officials
|The Prime Minister of Canada,
The Right Honourable Stephen Harper
|The Premier of Ontario,
the honourable Kathleen Wynne
|The Mayor of the City of Toronto,
his worship mayor Rob Ford
Welcome Letters from the CABPS Leaders
- Message from the President, Mehran Anvari, MB, BS, PhD, FRCSC, FACS
- Message from the Conference Co-Chair, Laurent Biertho, MD
Bariatricians, Surgeons, Gastroenterologists, Internists, Family Physicians, Surgical Residents/Fellows and Allied Health Professionals.
- To understand the medical risks associated with obesity.
- To understand the dietary and pharmacological management of obesity.
- To understand the nursing and rehabilitation challenges in patients with morbid obesity.
- To provide an up-to-date review of current surgical treatment and their indications for morbid obesity.
- To provide information on morbid obesity in the pediatric population.